Thursday 25 December 2014

Happy Christmas to everyone!


A friend and neighbour of mine who is an Anglican minister proposed a pre-Christmas question of expressing what Christmas means for oneself using not more than 140 characters (as for the limit on text messages).
An intriguing idea. I’m eagerly looking forward to seeing the results since I’ve found this pretty challenging and have not so far come up with anything original, positive and so succinct. I wonder what readers of this blog think!
But I did stumble across a rather nice quote from Charles Dickens (or one of his characters) while looking for something else (I wasn’t trying to crib a contribution from the internet – honest!): “I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” Sounds good to me.
Since originally writing this little post a reader has sent me the following, which most closely matches what I feel myself:
"A time of year for inclusivity, joy, love, altruism and reflection about the real meanings in life. A place to step forward from with no fear and positive intent."


 

No comments: