Saturday 27 September 2014

Ruminations



It has now been quite a while since my last posting on this blog. The main reason is that I’ve been concentrating my available energy on producing a printed and bound compilation of finalised versions of recent items on the blog. To these I’ve added various images that are meaningful to me and which have deep level relationships to the text. If this sounds a bit mystical then it probably is, since my personal and highly tenuous understanding of the Cosmos is that there is something about it that goes beyond the solely rational – it is not irrational, but is simply more.
I’ve called the collection ‘Ruminations’, a title that reflects my cud-chewing thought processes. Unfortunately Blogspot doesn’t allow the uploading of PDF files – a serious limitation. Nevertheless I’ve produced PDF versions (files that you can read or print out from Acrobat – on most computers) of the complete text and images and I’d be happy to send anyone interested copies by email. My address is MWi8327963@aol.com  
If you decide to have a look at Ruminations you may feel that some of the phrases I’ve chosen to use are interpretable at more than one level. Unintended instances apart, this is because I want them to be this way. Doubly so in terms of the images where, beyond attaching brief personal descriptions of them, I don’t go into detail as my intention is that readers should be free to come to their own understanding of the significance and attach their own labels.
In my view strict requirements for narrow precision and restriction to a single layer of meaning in some topics in Ruminations would produce an incomplete understanding of human qualities and the nature of the Cosmos of which we are an integral part. Like other dreams, memories and reflections, there are times when depth of meaning flows from richness of interpretation, which can bear fruit at many levels.
I want to set out a few thoughts and intuitions on life and its meaning, my views on our place in the Cosmos, on morality and mortality, on our society and some other deep questions that have intrigued me over the years. Wildly ambitious no doubt, but I’m talking about views rather than comprehensive analyses.
In doing this, even at a very short length, my hope is that I may connect with other people ‘out there’ puzzling over the same things but for whom useful discussions are hard to find. Certainly, I’ve found this to be the case myself. I’m sure I stand to be corrected on a number of matters, but my hope is that, nevertheless, there may be one or two points that people will find interesting and helpful in their own explorations.
One risks looking foolish when, at this stage in life, putting out something like this. If this is so, then so be it and I hope that I will find myself amongst those who I think should be suffered gladly! It is unfortunate that many people who may have interesting things to say are silenced by such anxiety, a fear often put into them by critics who, superior beings that they are, would much rather hear echoes of their own voices.
But each person is one-of-a-kind and has a unique experience in life. So I believe we should take courage and say what we think, since we all have something to contribute. So, for what it is worth, Ruminations is my personal offering.
To conclude this piece, I’m not sure how many more postings I will be able to make on this blog, but we will see as time goes on. Thanks for taking an interest.

No comments: