Friday 19 September 2008

Confidence in the Market?

Anxiously scanning the press for coverage of the latest financial crisis, I came across some rather revealing quotes. Here are just a few of them:
Market Trader Ivor Bonus said: "Private sector solutions are best except when you’re a bit short. Why shouldn’t we have a few quid from the public purse? Our clients pays their taxes - well some of them..." Senior minister Gordon Stabledore said: "I’m the one the country needs whether it knows it or not. No-one’s got more experience of crises than me..." A junior minister, a Mr A. Dearest, reportedly said: "Listen to me - someone - what I say makes a difference. Remember, I’m the one that put the ‘chance’ into Chancellor..."
Meanwhile, punchy and insightful leader-in-waiting Dave Nochainge said: "The Government’s a load of rubbish but we’ll take all they do in taxes..." Ambitious politician Chip Faright said "No, I meant cutting taxis - it’s a good way to cut government expenditure and it’s fair as well - pensioners on thirty quid can’t afford them anyway..." Highly moral central banker Rex Blankcheck said: "If I can hazard a guess, then no, we won’t be doing that - but call me tomorrow..."
Market analyst Archie Hindsite said: "If you’d called me yesterday I’d have told you this would happen..." Longstanding Municipal Bank advocate Will Mix said: "It’s a good echo in here..." A partner in leading brokerage Plunge and Surge said: "The market always knows best - just a minute - (aside) "SELL! - no, wait - BUY!" - now where were we..."
I ask you, is it any wonder?

No comments: